Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sketching 4th Street Berkeley at New Apple Store Opening

This Old Band on 4th Street, 7x5", ink & watercolor
This Old Band performing on 4th Street, 7x5", ink & watercolor

Waiting in Line at Apple, Waiting to Play in Front of Peets, 2 page spread
Waiting in Line at Apple, Waiting to Play in Front of Peet's, 2 page spread
A new Apple Store opened in Berkeley so I went down to 4th Street in pursuit of sketching opportunities and one of the free t-shirts Apple was giving out to the first 1,000 customers.

The line was barely one block long and moving quickly so by the time I sketched a few people and balloons (above) I was in the store. I got my shirt, bought a gizmo for my gadget and went across the street to Peet's Coffee.

I enjoyed an iced coffee at a sunny table on their front patio, sketching "This Old Band" as they set up to play (above). There were some interesting (?) conversations going on around me.

Peet's Patio People, ink & watercolor, 7x5"
Peet's Patio People, ink & watercolor, 7x5"
This guy was actually sitting at a table with another woman beside him on his right blabbing away, but he seemed more interested in this one. A dorky-looking, baby-boomer guy sitting behind me pompously prattled non-stop about his former life as a rock star and the book he was writing about it. After dropping dozens of stars' names, he admitted it was "Better to be a Has Been than a Never Been."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!