Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Space Oddity, Chabot Space & Science Center, Oakland


1967-1971: Soyuz 7K-OK Descent Module
"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today.
For here am I sitting in my tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do . . . . "
Space Oddity, David Bowie, 1969

Oakland's Chabot Space and Science Center has exhibits, telescopes, a planetarium and an array of space-race relics, like the Vostok ejector seat and the Soyuz descent module, both Russian c. 1960's. Does Putin know about this? Susan Ford




1961: Yuri Gagarin, 1st human in space.
His ejector seat from the Soviet Vostok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!