Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pocket Park with Guy on Roof

Pocket Park Beside Albany Hill, ink & watercolor  by Jana Bouc

Our pseudo-summer continues (now turning into a serious drought) and with the sun shining, I decided to go for a walk and find a spot to paint outdoors instead of in the studio. As I walked by the little pocket park alongside Albany Hill, this cul-de-sac called out, “Paint Me!” With a handy picnic table right there to lay out my paints, how could I resist?
Although I usually sketch directly in pen, this scene was so complicated I decided to draw in pencil first. When I was almost done with the drawing I spotted a guy on his roof with a string of holiday lights. Do you see him? I know it looks like he’s standing on top of a tree but his house is just behind the tree. I think I made him a bit of a giant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!