Saturday, February 15, 2014

Meet the Sketcher: Susan Ford

Sibley Volcanic Preserve
With the exception of the company of my dog, sketching around town used to be a solitary experience, until someone turned me on to the Urban Sketchers. Sketching is even more fun when you do it with others.

I also enjoy hiking and sketching with other plein air painting groups. There are so many beautiful places to discover in Northern California.
Hayward Japanese Gardens
Lately I've been making a series of bird portraits, at once anthropomorphic and realistic.

Owl






See more bird art and sketches on my blog at http://susanfordland.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work. Especially love that owl face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hayward Japanese Garden was an eye catcher. What made you do it in grays when the garden was explosive with color?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!