Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sketching Urban Fauna: Wasps Nest

Wasps nest on the studio eaves, ink & watercolor 8x5"
My backyard seems to draw all kinds of critters lately, some less wanted than others. These wasps have made a nest under the eaves of my studio and I tried to get close enough to draw them without bothering them. Most of the time we get along fine and I enjoy watching them earn their living, buzzing around my garden and bringing stuff back to the nest. More about them on my blog JanasJournal.

3 comments:

  1. I like the story and the drawings very much. The cycle will start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the term, Urban Fauna. These bad guys certainly qualify, too...ok, not all bad, but ... pesty fauna they.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!