Saturday, September 7, 2013

Robert Mondavi Vineyard


I had the pleasure of working in the cellar at Robert Mondavi’s Winery back in 1990. At the time, I had just moved to California and a friend of mine Archi, introduced me to Dave the Cellarmaster at Mondavi. After a short conversation, I was hired on the spot. Maybe he liked the fact that I had ambitions to be an artist, I don’t know, but I got the job. I found working the harvest so thrilling, I almost didn’t finish school. But I knew returning to college was the right thing to do and if I still wanted to work in the wine industry, it would be there when I got through. Today I’m glad I finished school because now I get to enjoy both painting wineries and drinking their wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!