Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Urban Avians: Birds by the Freeway

A Family of Pigeons Living on the Freeway Wall
Snowy Egret at the marsh beside the freeway by Albany Bulb
While I was having my car’s oil changed at Toyota Albany I took a hike down to the SF Bay Trail to sketch. I followed a confusing bike and walking path that goes under the freeway and leads to the marsh on the way out to Albany Bulb, a spit of land homesteaded by the homeless that the city is constantly trying to reclaim. 

There were birds everywhere, including the beautiful, delicate white Snowy Egrets that always delight me and the pigeons happily (?) living beside the roar of traffic.

Trying to understand the basic shape and differences between the shorebirds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!