Thursday, March 13, 2014

Petaluma’s Iron Front Building and Classic Coca-Cola Sign



Back in the last century, it was believed that buildings made with cast iron fronts were more fire resistant. It turns out to not be true, but the practice proliferated anyway. This building is one of several along Western Avenue referred to as Iron Front Row. The classic Coca-Cola sign painted on the back of the building features a young chicken since Petaluma was once known as the “Egg Basket of the World.”

2 comments:

  1. I love this. The colors are spectacular. I am learning perspective with sketching... I am horrible hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Perspective drawing is difficult but with practice, I'm sure you can learn it. My perspectives are often twisted a bit but I find it just gives the drawing character. Who needs perfection?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!