Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Jo-Ann's, Too

Sketching at Jo-Ann's Fabrics and Crafts was a learning experience .  . . I was challenged (and failed) to accurately communicate the size of the objects I drew. These anti-pill fleece solids are richly colored bolts of cloth but without context, they could just as easily be fruit roll-ups!


This pincushion is a three-dimensional wall decoration which was located high on the wall above my head and is perhaps four feet wide. I had to tell you this information because again, the sketch provides no context. Without sketching in the fluorescent light fixtures overhead or a weary shopper gazing up at the thing, it could just as easily be a pincushion held in the palm of my (invisible) hand.

It was still good fun sketching with new and old friends at Jo-Ann's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!