"The Campanil is the 72-foot Spanish-style
clock across from Mills Hall, designed by architect Julia Morgan in 1904. The
reinforced concrete bell tower survived the 1906 earthquake and was the first
of six Morgan designs constructed at Mills. Its bells—named Faith, Hope, Peace,
and Joy—can be heard across campus each hour" - although a rather tinny sound. Flax plant behind the campanil below.