Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Return to Orcas by Sonia Tamez

I've been going back to Orcas Island, WA for about twenty years. The ferry carries me away from the urban tempos to a slower heartbeat. Thank you Moran State Park, San Juan Land Trust, Warm Valley Farm, Warm Valley Orchard, Girl Meets Dirt, and others who welcomed me to sketch and paint. Here are some of my sketches from my stay.
Ferry view below.

Moran State Park above.
East Sound hydrant.
Warm Valley Farm apple tree and strutting turkeys below.


The Warm Valley Orchard Truck carries an amazing variety of goods for the body and soul.  

I love Warm Valley Orchard's sheep and they love munching grape leaves (Thanks M).
Girl Meets Dirt transforms the bounty of Orcas orchards into jams and other  delicious items. Preserving Orcas  heritage fruit, one jar at a time! Thanks for letting me sketch there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!