Friday, November 11, 2011

Levi Leipheimer Promotes Bike Friendly Healdsburg



Pro cyclist, Levi Leipheimer, spoke last week in Healdsburg at a Villa Chanticleer luncheon offered by our Chamber of Commerce. The purpose was to support and raise awareness of a proposed Healdsburg City Counsel application for the League of American Bicyclists coveted “Bike Friendly Town” award. With all of my recent cycling enthusiasm, I couldn’t resist showing up to learn about and support  this cause. But hey, I reasoned, meeting world famous Levi Leipheimer, Tour de France Stage winner, Olympic medalist, founder of 7,500-riders-strong Levi’s Gran Fondo, and three-time winner of the Tour of California wouldn’t be a bad thing either.
During the presentation, I sketched Chamber of Commerce CEO/President Mo McElroy and Levi at the podium, and after the question and answer period, stopped to meet them. It was a great opportunity to inform them of the book I’m currently writing about local wine, bikes, and art, and of my support of bicycling in Healdsburg. And the best part is, Levi happily signed my drawing of him. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!