Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Graduation U C Davis, School of Medicine


My good friend Alyn graduated with honors last Saturday from UC Davis with a Doctor of Medicine Degree. I first met Alyn while planting flowers in a community garden back when I lived in San Francisco in the mid 1990’s and we’ve been friends ever since. Up until about 5 years ago, Alyn had an upwardly mobile job in Silicon Valley doing management work at a high profile software company. So why would she quit a terrific job to go back to school? To follow her dream of becoming a Doctor, of course! (I sketched this during the ceremony at the Mondavi Center for Performing Arts using one of my old hand stitched sketchbooks and a Pigma Micron #.3 pen)


(Ooops! Sorry about the screaming type (all caps) earlier. I didn't set it that way but somehow the "heading" setting got selected.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!